Saturday, April 10, 2010

Over the river and through the woods....

We got the chance to take a mini-vacation!  We took a trip to Perry, FL-to visit my mom's ranch house.  We had a blast....Kaylee learned so many new words "Cas (Cows), Flawas (flowers), Adpas (Tadpoles)".  She also had some breakthroughs there...for months we have been telling Kaylee about the grass, sky, and trees.  She never really got it until we went to the ranch.  She suddenly has a new found understanding of these things. 

I've posted before about how I am blown away at her ever-increasing vocabulary.  It's just so amazing to me...the times when I thought I was talking to a wall, explaining eggs, apples, bananas, baths, shoes...she was listening the whole time.  While decorating for Easter, she amazed me when I pulled a wooden egg out of a box-she shouts "EAGGS".  She tends to add an "A" to almost every word...quirky-but we love it!

Back to my original message..the ranch!  Here are a few pictures of her romping around outside...




No comments:

Post a Comment